Think as you read1. Where was it most likely that the two girls would find work after school?
2. What were the options that Sophie was dreaming of? Why does Jansie discourage her from having such dreams?
3. Why did Sophie wriggle when Geoff told her father that she had met Danny Casey?
8. Why didn't Sophie want Jansie to know about her story with Danny?
Under Standing The Text1. Sophie and Jansie were class-mates and friends.What were the differences between them that show up in the story?
2. How would you describe the character and temperament of Sophie's father?
3. Why did Sophie like her brother Geoff more than any other person? From her perspective, What did he symbolise?
4. What socio-economic background did Sophie belong to? What are the Indicators of her family's financial status?