Think as you read
1. Briefly describe the scene observed by the author from the veranda of his bungalow on the bank of the Brahmaputra.
2. What is the belief about the dividing channel between Peacock Island and the mainland of Guwahati that the author mentions ?
3. What does the author say about the importance of Guwahati ? Is the Statement true in our time today also ?
6. Describe the author's experience of crossing a flooded river on horseback on the North Bank of the Brahmaputra ?
7. Relate the author's experience of the road accident during the monsoon on the North Bank.