3. Identify the correct statement about the ‘Zollverein’ from the following options:
5. Identify the ideology under which people demanded freedom of markets in early-nineteenth-century Europe.
8. Which one of the following conferences was convened to discuss environmental protection and socio-economic development at the global level in 1992?
9. India has land under a variety of relief features. Which of the following features ensure the perennial flow of some rivers, provide facilities for tourism and ecological aspects?
17. Which of the following states of India enjoy special powers under Article 371A of the Constitution of India?
19. Which of the following measures the proportion of the literate population in the seven and above age group?
22. “Consequences of environmental degradation do not respect national or state boundaries.” Which of the following is the essence of this statement?
NOTE: Following question is for Visually impaired candidates in lieu of Q25.
26. Which of the following option(s) is/are correct about Balkan nationalism?
27. Why did the weavers in Silesia revolt against contractors in 1845? Identify the appropriate reason from the following options.
- develops in areas with high temperature and heavy rainfall
- is low in humus content
- found in the hilly areas of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu
33. Two statements are given in the question below as Assertion (A) and Reasoning (R). Read the statements and choose the appropriate option.
35. Anita is appearing in an examination conducted for recruitment to Central Government positions. In how many languages as mentioned in the 8th Schedule can she opt to take the exam? Select the appropriate option.
- Power shared between Central and State Governments to Local Governments.
- It is called as a third tier of the Government.
- The State Governments are required to share some powers and revenue with them.
Select the appropriate option from the following.
A. Federal system
B. Unitary Federal system
C. Decentralised system
D. Unitary system
37. Which of the following options prove that India is a quasi-federal state?
39. Two statements are given in the question below as Assertion (A) and Reasoning (R). Read the statements and choose the appropriate option.
40. Choose the correct option from the following:
|List I (Example)||List II (Sectors)|
|A. Courier||Tertiary Sector|
|B. Fisherman||Secondary Sector|
|C. Carpenter||Primary Sector|
|D. Transporter||Secondary Sector|
42. Vijay is undernourished as his weight is 45 kgs and his height is 1.78 meters. Find out his Body Mass Index (BMI) from the following options.
43. A woman works at a sweet shop in her village on a contract basis and gets meagre salary after working the entire day. She doesn’t get any holidays or paid leave, rather her employer deducts her salary whenever she is absent from work. Find out in which of the following sectors she is working?
A. Primary Sector
B. Service Sector
C. Organized Sector
D. Unorganised Sector
44. According to 2017-2018 data, the share of different sectors in employment (percentage) in India was
- Primary Sector - 44%
- Secondary Sector - 25%
- Tertiary Sector - 31%
45. Two statements are given in the question below as Assertion (A) and Reasoning (R). Read the statements and choose the appropriate option. Assertion (A): Crude oil reserves in the entire world are depleting, we need to find a sustainable substitute for it. Reason (R): Oil and petrol prices are increasing day by day.
Read the source given below and answer the questions by choosing the most appropriate option: Grimms’ Fairy Tales is a familiar name in Germany. The brothers Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm were born in the German city of Hanau. While both of them studied law, they soon developed an interest in collecting old folktales. They spent six years travelling from village to village, talking to people and writing down fairy tales, which were handed down through the generations. These were popular both among children and adults. In 1812, they published their first collection of tales. Subsequently, both the brothers became active in liberal politics, especially the movement for freedom of the press. In the meantime, they also published a 33-volume dictionary of the German language. The Grimm brothers also saw French domination as a threat to German culture and believed that the folktales they had collected were expressions of a pure and authentic German spirit. They considered their projects of collecting folktales and developing the German language as part of the wider effort to oppose French domination and create a German national identity.
48. The impact of literary contributions of Grimm brothers was widespread. Identify the best suitable option depicting the same from the following:
49. Fill in the blank from the given options The work of the Grimm Brothers influenced and inspired people to collect tales. They believed in a spirit of ____________ and considered it essential for the reflection of national identity.
50. Why the foreign domination was considered a threat to nation building? Select the best suitable option from the following in reference to the context.
52. Two statements are given in the question below as Assertion (A) and Reasoning (R). Read the statements and choose the appropriate option. Assertion A: Regimes of 1815 did not tolerate criticism and dissent. Reason (R): Conservative regimes were autocratic.
Read the source given below and answer the questions by choosing the most appropriate option: There has been a gradual shift from cultivation of food crops to cultivation of fruits, vegetables, oil-seeds and industrial crops. This has led to the reduction in net sown area under cereals and pulses. With the growing population of India, the declining food production puts a big question mark over the country’s future food security. The competition for land between non-agricultural uses such as housing etc. and agriculture has resulted in reduction in the net sown area. The productivity of land has started showing a declining trend. Fertilisers, pesticides and insecticides, which once showed dramatic results, are now being held responsible for degrading the soils. Periodic scarcity of water has led to reduction in area under irrigation. Inefficient water management has led to water logging and salinity.
56. ‘Fertilisers, pesticides and insecticides, which once showed dramatic results, are now being held responsible for degrading the soil.’ Infer the positive effects of these inputs noticed earlier from the following statements.
57. There are states in India which are using fertilisers, pesticides and insecticides at excessive level to increase their agricultural production. Identify the states which are at prominent level from the following options.
58. Food production provides the base for food security and is a key determinant of food availability. Why is this trend shifting towards industrial crops?
On the given outline map of India, identify the locations with the help of specified information.
60. On the same map, ‘B’ is also marked as a major Tea cultivating state. Identify it from the following options.