1. “What distinguishes a successful manager from a less successful one is the ability to put the principles into practice.” Which aspect of the nature of management is highlighted in the above statement?
3. Marketing mix is the set of _____________________ that the firm uses to pursue its marketing objectives in the target market.
5. Name the principle of management given by Fayol which when applied would mean that the workers and management both honour their commitments without any prejudice towards one another.
8. ___________________ involves a variety of programmes designed to promote and protect a company’s image and its individual products in the eyes of the public.
9. Which type of organisational structure will you suggest for a firm which has diversified activities and operations requiring a high degree of specialisation ?
10. “Changes or events cannot be eliminated but they can be anticipated and managerial responses to them can be developed.” is suggested by the following importance of planning:
11. “Grouping similar nature jobs into larger units called departments” is the step in the process of one of the functions of management. Identify the function of management.
14. “The nature of the relationship of our country with foreign countries”, is a major element of which of the following components of the Business Environment?
17. _______________ is an important function of marketing which is important not only for protection of the product but also serves as a promotional tool.
18. As part of regulations to be followed by advertisers, the advertisement for a new brand of baby food for infants provides important information for potential buyers that it is “Not recommended for infants under the age of four months”. Which dimension of the business environment is highlighted in the above statement?
19. The principle of management given by Fayol which aims at preventing overlapping of activities is:
20. ___________________ensures that the subordinate performs tasks on behalf of the manager thereby reducing his workload and providing him with more time to concentrate on important matters.
21. ____________ is a process of classification of products into different groups on the basis of some important characteristics such as quality, size, etc.
22. The sum total of all individuals, institutions and other forces that are outside the control of a business enterprise but that may affect its performance is known as________________
23. Name the concept that refers to the number of subordinates that can be effectively managed by a superior and determines the number of levels of management in the organisation.
27. “Availability and affordability of the product were considered to be the key to the success of a firm.” Identify the concept of marketing management highlighted by this statement.
28. Aiming to revive Jammu and Kashmir’s attraction as a top location for film shooting the J&K film policy, 2021 offers a host of incentives to the filmmakers, such as subsidies and low long term interest rates, for films with patriotic and certain other themes shot in J&K, for giving work opportunities to local artistes, etc. This will have an impact on business enterprises in the state. Which component of business environment is highlighted above:
29. The Topper group is looking to make a foray into manufacturing of semiconductors and it has set up a business to seize the business opportunity and add to its prospects in the long run. The company has already pivoted into a number of new projects like electronics, 5G network equipment, as well as semiconductors. Which economic objective of management does the business seek to fulfill?:
30. Product cost sets the lower limits of the price, the utility provided by the product and the intensity of demand of the buyers sets the upper limit. So, in case of inelastic demand, total revenue ………………when price increases
31. “A manager in a conscious manner has to ensure that even where members of a department willingly cooperate, coordination gives direction to the willing spirit.” The characteristic of coordination being highlighted above is :
32. For the following two statements choose the correct option: Statement I: Accountability can be delegated Statement II: Responsibility can be delegated completely Choose the correct option from the options given below:
33. The CEO of Radhe Cycles Pvt Ltd. Mr. Kumar wants to get maximum output from the employees at a competitive cost. On the other hand Ramakaant, an employee of the company wants to get the maximum salary while working the least. The Principle of management given by Fayol being violated by Ramakaant is ----------------.
35. The production department at Karishmaa Ltd, a firm manufacturing readymade garments for men has an objective to increase production by 10% but the Sales department does not approve of the increase in production, till changes are brought about in the product to incorporate latest fashion. These kinds of conflicts bring to light the following importance of the force that can help to accomplish the linking of activities of various departments:
36. Planning requires logical and systematic thinking rather than guess work. The feature of planning being referred to in the above statement is:
(a) Planning is a continuous process
(b) Planning is futuristic
(c) Planning is pervasive
(d) Planning is a mental exercise
37. Silico Ltd. has appointed the former Consulting executive of Shri Shakti Ltd. Rajan Bahl as its Vice President. What will be his basic task?
38. The marketing management philosophy which is based on the premise that any activity which satisfies human needs but does not pay attention to the ethical and ecological aspects of marketing cannot be justified is known as:
39. Ravi joined a marketing firm as a Sales manager. On his first day in the company, during the orientation programme, the CEO of the company told Ravi that he will have to simultaneously perform the functions of management (planning, organising, staffing, directing, controlling) all the time. Which characteristic of management was the CEO referring to?(a) Management is a continuous process
(b) Management is all pervasive
(c) Management is multidimensional
(d) Management is goal oriented
40. Unlike professions such as medicine or law which require a practising doctor or lawyer to possess valid degrees, nowhere in the world is it mandatory for a manager to possess any such professional degree. Identify the characteristic of the profession being discussed above which is not being strictly met by management.
41. “Following a pre-decided plan, when circumstances have changed, may not turn out to be in the organisation's interest.” The limitation of planning being referred to in the above statement is-------------------------.
42. The technique of Scientific Management given by Taylor, which aims to establish interchangeability of manufactured parts and products is ...……………………..
43. For the following two statements choose the correct option: Statement I: Advertising is an impersonal form of communication Statement II: Advertising lacks direct feedback Choose the correct option from the options given below:(a) Statement I is correct and II is wrong
44. KTX Group is rolling out an initiative to help create wealth for its employees through the implementation of Employee Stock option. Through motivation and leadership the management will help individuals to develop team spirit, cooperation and commitment to the success of the group. The following importance of management is highlighted above:
45. If there is a plan to increase production then more labour, more machinery will be required. This step in the process of planning will involve organising for labour and purchase of machinery. Identify the step in the planning process being discussed above.
48. Assertion :( A) Planning is futuristic Reason: (R ) Planning is concerned with the future which is certain and does not require forecast
Read the following text and answer question number 49-54 on the basis of the same. 'Saarthi', the name has been associated with the manufacturing and sale of Fashion products since 1960, when Kapil Saarthi opened his first retail fashion clothing outlet in Ahmedabad. Sarthi Cosmetics was incorporated in India in 1940, and became a member of the S & M family of companies in 1959. Sarthi Perfumes began operations in Gujarat in an existing administrative S&M facility in 1985. An important difference between S&M and most other companies is that instead of operating as one large corporation it operates as 180 smaller companies each focused on a specific product and area, implying selective dispersal of authority, recognising the decision makers need four autonomy, as decision making authority is pushed down the chain of command. It enables the company to maintain short lines of communication with customers and employees, and accelerate the development of talent.
50. ‘Why is there, need to apply the philosophy being followed by S&M, with caution?
51. The application of the philosophy discussed above can foster a sense of competition amongst the departments, which in turn will help the firm in the following manner:
52. Quote the line from above which highlights the importance of the philosophy towards providing management education to employees.
54. The philosophy being followed by S&M is not followed by most other companies. This tells us that the philosophy is :
55. Mohammad Kanjiwal, a beekeeper since April 2021 is now part of the growing tribe of at least 50 urban dwellers across Maharashtra raising bees and harvesting honey in their balconies, rooftops and back gardens. As he had been focussed on eating right the thought of domesticating honey bees to promote healthy consumption habits and seeing honey being cultivated right before his eyes was mesmerising for him. Identify the factor constituting the general environment being discussed above.
(b) Social environment
(c) Technological environment
(d) Political environment
56. Zolo, a marketer of cars having 40 % of the current market share of the country aims at increasing the market share to 70% in next few years. For achieving this objective the manager of the company specified the action programme covering various aspects. Identify the function of marketing discussed above:
57. Style and Fit, a footwear manufacturing company has decided to offer 50 % off on all its products due to the fall in demand of its products as more efficient substitutes have been introduced in the market. Identify the pricing objective included by the firm which has made the firm resort to discounting its product.
58. A sanitizer manufacturing company wants to become a market leader. For this purpose the manager follows an activity with certain logical steps. The first step suggested by him is to increase profits by at least 30% in the next quarter. What will be the last step of the activity being followed by the manager.
60. According to the technique of Scientific management “Differential Piece Wage system” How much more will a worker making 60 units earn as compared to a worker making 49 units? If the standard output per day is 50 units and those who make standard output or more than standard get Rs. 75 per unit and those below get Rs. 65 per unit.
Post a Comment