1.The scenic beauty of Srinagar makes the writer feel
3. Select the option that suitably completes the given dialogue as per the context in paragraph
15. Select the option that displays the correct cause-effect relationship.
16. The survey statistics mention the average stipend, indicating that
B. ₹7,000 was the lowest and ₹85,000 was the highest.
C. most interns were offered around ₹7,000.
D. No intern was offered more than ₹7,000.
17. The phrase ‘healthy traffic’ refers to the
21. Select the option with the information points to be included in the body of the notice.
26. Which option would help Venu with the appropriate organisation of relevant ideas for this article?
28. Read a sentence from Venu’s article draft and help him complete it by selecting the most appropriate option. As animals find their natural habitat shrinking daily, their interactions with humans keep rising, often to the (i) of the humans and with (ii) for the animals.
30. Read the following options for the self-checklist for this article and select the option that includes the most appropriate self-checklist for this article.
32. Of the four meanings of ‘glibly’, select the option that matches in meaning with its usage in the extract.
33. Who do you think Saheb is referring to as ‘they’, in the given sentence? “When they build one, I will go”
VI.Read the given extract to attempt questions that follow:
Tiny vestiges of the old terror would return. But now I could frown and say to that terror, “Trying to scare me, eh? Well, here’s to you! Look!” And off I’d go for another length of the pool. This went on until July. But I was still not satisfied. I was not sure that all the terror had left. So, I went to Lake Wentworth in New Hampshire, dived off a dock at Triggs Island, and swam two miles across the lake to Stamp Act Island. I swam the crawl, breast stroke, side stroke, and back stroke. Only once did the terror return. When I was in the middle of the lake, I put my face under and saw nothing but bottomless water. The old sensation returned in miniature.
36. Why did Douglas go to swim at Lake Wentworth?
B. To honour the efforts of his swimming instructor.
C. To build on his ability of swimming in a natural water body.
D. To know for sure that he had overcome his fear of drowning in water.
37. Select the option that lists the correct inference based on the information in the extract.
39. Douglas mentions that the old sensation returned in miniature. He means that he felt the familiar feeling of fear …………………………….
44. The literal meaning of ‘reciting’ refers to delivering the lesson aloud. What does its figurativemeaning refer to?
48. Select the option that signifies the condition of people of the ‘modern world’ mentioned inthe extract.
49. Select the option that displays a cause-effect set.
50. Why didn’t Charley’s grandfather need refuge from reality?
IX. Attempt the following.
51. In ‘Keeping Quiet’ the poet does not want the reader to confuse his advice for with total inactivity.
52. On his way to school, Franz says that he had the strength to resist and chose to hurry off to school. The underlined phrase suggests that Franz was
54. Select the option that lists the qualities of Douglas’ trainer.
56. Sadao’s servants leave his house, but none of them betrays the secret of the American P.O.W. Select the option that explains this.
59. Dr. Sadao mutters the word ‘my friend’ while treating the American P.O.W. in the light of the circumstances, we can say that this was